I have been in this unbelievably frustrating stage of life for a few months now where I have been feeling very “lost” in regards to my purpose and what I want for my future. It’s been a journey that I’m still going through so I wanted to share my tips so far.
- Talk to someone – I am incredibly blessed to have a husband and some friends that I feel comfortable opening up to. I asked them how they would describe me and what sort of path they could see me on in the future? I couldn’t believe how insightful this was and I was surprised with how similar everyone answers were as I guess my own opinion of myself was quite negative and harsh.
- Ask yourself questions – What are the most important things in my life? Am I truly happy? What am I just settling for right now and why? If I could not fail, what would I do?
- Write some goals – Put some pen to paper and set some goals. If your friends or family suggested a job they think you would be good at, research it! If you didn’t like the answers to the questions you asked yourself make a plan to do something differently to change it.
- Have an open mind – Everyone knows the saying “You can’t help a person who isn’t willing to help themselves” and the same goes for you when it comes to making changes in your own life. Quite often making changes will come with some sort of pain, whether it be financial, physical, mentally or a combination of them all and you have to be okay with that to get to where you want to go.
- Change your thinking – If you are still unsure of what to do that’s okay but it doesn’t mean you need to sacrifice your happiness while you’re figuring it out. No matter how restrictive things may seem you and you alone can choose, you can choose to dwell in all the negative or you can choose to practice gratitude for what you do have and find the positive in your situation.