I am SO overwhelmed and incredibly grateful to be nominated for The Kind Blogger award by Danielle from The Preemie-Mummy. This is special to me because the award (which Danielle created by the way) means my blog is doing exactly what I had hoped it would, which is to create a little inspiration and positivity in people lives all around the world. Danielle wrote a description of two types of bloggers she has discovered and I want to share with everyone her description of the type of blogger I have always inspired to be and that Danielle is.
“There are those who do it simply because they love it – they love writing posts, reading other people’s posts and are just happy and grateful to have readers who are interested in what they have to say.”
Thank you Danielle not only for the nomination but for creating this beautiful way of recognising the amazing people around us.
The Kind Blogger Award Rules:
- Thank the Blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 5 questions set out by the aforementioned Blogger.
- Nominate 1 person who you feel is worthy of this award.
- Give 3 reasons for nominating this person.
- List these rules and display the Award Logo/ Badge on your own blog.
Danielle’s Questions and my answers:
1. How did you come up with your Blog name?
It took a while! I wanted it to reflect exactly what I was trying to do. I have always wanted to live a very “Zen” like life but struggled to find how to get there so when my best friend suggested “Searching for my inner zen” it instantly felt right.
2. What’s your favourite song of all time and why?
Banana Pancakes- Jack Johnson. I can’t think of a time or place that wouldn’t be appropriate for this song. Jack Johnson’s voice is so smooth, and it instantly relaxes you. I love singing along to this song with my children and it always makes me smile.
3. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
I am SO incredibly lucky to already be living in my dream place. I live in Queensland, Australia and not only is it beautiful but it’s also the perfect place to raise a family.
4. If you could rid the world of one thing, what would it be?
Abuse which is defined as “use (something) to bad effect or for a bad purpose.” I mean when you think about all the different types of abuse like child abuse, animal abuse, drug abuse, physical abuse and mental abuse I feel like it’s something the world could do without.
5. What’s your favourite quote and why?
This is SO hard for me to choose just one (as you have probably guessed by my blog) but this particular quote is one that totally changed my perspective on everything in life both past and present and always gives me a feeling of comfort that everything happens for a reason. “You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something — your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life.” Steve Jobs
My nomination for March is the beautiful Laura from Picture The positive and here are my reasons for nominating her:
- Laura has helped me so much on my blogging journey especially with social media. She constantly shares my posts and gives me genuine honest feedback.
- Laura’s posts are honest and raw. My favourite post that I suggest everyone reads is “Sick not weak” which breaks the stigma that taking medication for your mental health is a sign of weakness rather than strength.
- Laura takes the most natural and precious photos of her family that always make me smile. I especially love the photos of my home town in Cardiff, Wales as it brings back some of my favourite memories and leaves me feeling proud to show off the beauty of where I was born.
Here are my questions for you Laura:
- If you could have any career/job of your dream, without having to worry about finances, etc., what would you do?
- What’s the best advice anyone ever gave you?
- What is your most memorable holiday?
- What is one thing you hope to do in 2018?
- If you could be anywhere right now, where would you like to be?
I can’t wait to see who else is nominated for this award and again a HUGE thank you to Danielle for my nomination.
Thanks for reading!