“Life’s not about expecting, hoping and wishing, it’s about doing, being and becoming.” – Mike Dooley
Oh what a crazy month March has been! It has been busy, inspiring, challenging and rewarding all at the same time and I have so much to be grateful for. So here is what made my March magical and although there were some challenges they are what help me grow.
- Birthday Celebrations – Our darling little girl turned 5 in March and what made me smile more than anything was that with every present she opened she turned to her big brother and said “look at what we got” which really sums up the caring, kind girl she is growing up to be.
- Sydney trip – I am absolutely blessed to have a boss that was happy to invest his time and money into training for the people in his business. This involved a day trip to Sydney to meet the people who would be doing our coaching which also happens to be exactly the thing I am studying. It was great to see all my life coaching study being used in the real world and not only do I now feel like I can be a more effective manager, but I have also gained incredible experience with the experts that will further help me in my studies.
- Work conference and Gala – Another work-related thing but still an incredible day of growth and fun. I had the pleasure of attending the most inspiring talk I have ever been to by Pauline Nguyen who has become one of Australia’s most successful entrepreneurs. Pauline shares her story that illustrates her triumph through hardship and embodies grace through her suffering. Pauline spoke about all the things I am passionate about and reaffirmed that my journey of spirituality, self-mastery and persistence is the right path for me to better influence others.
- Parent teacher interviews – I was both excited and nervous to attend my children’s parent teach interviews. It was the first for my daughter who had just started school, so I was incredibly happy to hear that she is doing well. My sons interview was the one I was nervous about, last year was a challenging year to say the least and it felt like most of the interactions I had with his school were negative. This year seems to be totally different, he had the most incredible teacher who genuinely wants to help him be his best self and because of this his behaviour and school work has improved dramatically.
- The small things – I had so many small (but just as important things) to be grateful for this month. My daughter learnt how to do a rolly pollie (its been a long time coming lol.) My son got the class award in assembly for being positive and making good choices and my husband continued to love me despite me winging about my cold and having more anxious days than usual this month.
I’ll leave you with the word Pauline used to describe herself and what I hope we can all eventually describe ourselves as being.
Unfuckwithable – (adj.) When you are truly at peace and in touch with yourself, and nothing anyone says or does bothers you, and no negativity or drama can touch you.
Thanks for reading! xo