“Until you value yourself, you won’t value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it. ” – M. Scott Peck
I recently wrote a post explaining “why I do what I do” but if you had asked me that question this time last year I would have completely blanked. It’s taken me 27 years to get to the point that I am at today and I couldn’t be happier. I sometimes wonder what my life would be like if I had got to where I am now quicker, but it is all my life experience that lead me to the path I am on now.
Below are some simple tips that helped me feel a little less lost and a little more confident that things would eventually fall into place.
- Practice self-love – If you want to be truly happy in life you need to love yourself, it’s not selfish it’s an essential part of the process to become the best version of yourself that you can be. Once I began to stop being so harsh on myself I noticed an immediate improvement in self-awareness which helped me focus on the things that were most important to me.
- Talk to someone – I am incredibly blessed to have a husband and some friends that I feel comfortable opening to. I asked them how they would describe me and what sort of path they could see me on in the future? I couldn’t believe how insightful this was and I was surprised with how similar everyone answers were.
- Ask yourself questions – What are the most important things in my life? Am I truly happy? What am I just settling for right now and why? If I could not fail, what would I do?
- Have an open mind – Everyone knows the saying “You can’t help a person who isn’t willing to help themselves” and the same goes for you when it comes to making changes in your own life. Quite often making changes will come with some sort of pain, whether it be financial, physical, mentally or a combination of them all and you must be okay with that to get to where you want to go.
- Change your thinking – If you are still unsure of what to do that’s okay but it doesn’t mean you need to sacrifice your happiness while you’re figuring it out. No matter how restrictive things may seem you and you alone can choose, you can choose to dwell in all the negative or you can choose to practice gratitude for what you do have and find the positive in your situation.
I hope this helps and if you have used any of these tips and it has worked feel free to leave a comment and share your experience.
Thanks for reading! xo