“Honest self-reflection opens your mind to reprogramming, change, success and freedom.” – Unknown
We’re 6 months into 2018 and I think this is a perfect time to reflect on the year so far! Self-reflection is a powerful tool to make sure that our behaviours, thoughts and actions are still aligned with our values, beliefs and feelings. Quite often we get so caught up in just getting through the day/week/month that we put what’s important to us on the back burner, so we can through what we need to do.
This afternoon I invested an hour of my time to reflect on the goals I set at the start of the year and my current situation. Building self-awareness is essential to help you make choices that will leave you feeling happy, fulfilled and content. I already feel like I have a far clearer vision for the next 6 months of the year and I would love to help others have some clarity too.
So grab a cup of tea, your favourite pen, a journal and get comfortable.
Here are 10 questions that will help you do some deep reflecting and regain your focus for the rest of the year to come.
- What are you truly grateful for this year?
- What has been your best memory so far?
- Are your goals the same—or have things changed?
- What has worked really well for you this year?
- What new things have you discovered about yourself?
- What habits have you made or broken?
- Thinking of your year so far, what advice would you have given yourself in January?
- Are you becoming the person you intended to become?
- Have your choices lead you on the right path?
- Are you feeling motivated and inspired?
Whether you are on track to achieve your goals or not make sure you pause to celebrate what has worked well and all the things you listed that you’re grateful for.
The best thing about doing some self-reflection at any time of the year is that you can better navigate your life on a path that is right for you because after all YOU are the creator of your own life.
Thanks for reading and keep smiling ☮