5 powerful benefits of staying calm

You don’t have to control your thoughts. You just have to stop letting them control you. – Dan Millman

Do you ever look at someone loosing their shit and think….”you really just need to calm the f*ck down?” Some of my most unpleasant memories include some sort of irrational violence or unreasonable reactions caused by anger, stress or pain. As I’ve gotten older and wiser (the wise part is debatable lol.) I’ve become far more chilled out when reacting to situations that would have previously made me want to explode.  I’ve realised that reacting in anyway that isnt balanced out with calm uses way too much energy that I just don’t have to spare. I did a little research and found that being calm actually has some pretty cool benefits, so if like me you find yourself exhausted from having from irrational reactions these 5 benefits might motivate you to make some changes.

5 AMAZING BENEFITS OF KEEPING YOUR COOL (1)

1. Calm can be contagious – We all know how easy it is to pick up on someone’s emotion when they are in a state of panic or stress even if you’re not directly involved but just an observer of a situation. Calm also has the same impact and has the power to change an incredibly uncomfortable situation into a more manageable one.
  2. You will make better decisions – Without the clouded mix of negative emotions calmness leads to clearer more rational thinking. This means we can better see the whole picture rather than just the problem or our desired outcome.
  3. It balances out all of your emotions – Just like you can’t have a rainbow without a little bit of rain emotions are the same. It’s not that stress, fear or any other emotion is bad as they can all be useful in how we react to different situations, but calmness gives us the flexibility to better control and balance all the other emotions.
  4. Calm is strength and power – This means you are not letting your impulses control you and you are no longer the puppet of your negative emotions. This is the ultimate display of strength and power.
  5. You’ll be respected – People will admire you for keeping your cool and not allowing yourself to loose control. They will feel more comfortable approaching you without the worry that you might lash out which creates a happier environment for everyone around you.

I hope everyone can relate to some of the benefits I shared and make sure you stay tuned for my tips on how to bring more calm into your life

Thanks for reading and make sure you share your smile with the world today ☮

24 Comments

1. Calm is a superpower for sure 🙏🏻

Liked by 2 people

2. Bryan Fagan says:

I was raised by my grandparents on my father’s side. I was able to watch how my grandfather and my dad handled stressful situations. The difference were night and day. My grandfather was simply better at it. I also had the benefit of observing how others treated them especially in times of trouble.

Now that I’m an adult, married and a father I’ve learned not only the proper way to handled certain things but how I want people to treat me. Sometimes it all comes down to a choice and in my case I was lucky to have it.

Thank you. This brought back some nice memories.

Liked by 2 people

• I have very similar memories! My grandparents who not only had 7 children but also fostered children and did their best to make ends meet handled any stressful situation with total calm and rational thinking. They are my real life proof that calm works and I hope that I can also share what I learnt from them with my children 🙂

I’m glad this post triggered some happy memories for you, that in itself has made my day 🙂

3. I wholeheartedly agree with everything you said in this post !!
    I’m still learning how to master staying calm at all times but I’m getting better! lol Self-Control! These are great Tips!!

Liked by 2 people

4. Knackered Dad says:

Great post! Having a toddler who is pushing the boundaries certainly has put me to the test of keeping calm. It’s something i’ve been actively working on & I feel i’ve made progress.

Liked by 2 people

5. fantac.cisse says:

Excellent article full of wisdom and truth. Thank you for sharing!

Liked by 2 people

6. Being calm can be so illusive at times, especially when my eyes are not on the Lord, stress becomes me

Liked by 2 people

7. ruthsoaper says:

Love the sister quote. I am blessed with three sisters several years ago we made shirts for all of us that say “I don’t need a therapist. I have my sisters.”
    I am usually a very calm person. Not sure if it is nature or learned from my mom who was also a calm person. One thing I have noticed is, in dealing with people who know me, on the rare occasion that I lose my calm it really gets peoples attention.

Liked by 2 people

8. wow
    such a useful post .Written in such a simple yet so powerful way.
    I too believe that emotions are the true source of strength but managing them well and responding correctly to them is the most important thing.
    here is link to my blog https://wp.me/p9tZ21-2N
    If you like my work then please follow back.Thanks in advance.
    Bhavna.

Liked by 1 person

9. Calm is strength & power !
    This is so true ! 👌❣️

Liked by 1 person

10. I so agree with you. Thank goodness I am surrounded by calm people these days but it was not always so…

Liked by 1 person

11. Alex Grace says:

Great advice! I have definitely started to practice this at home, especially when it comes to my children – I find a few deep breaths help to ground me and maintain the calm! Thanks for sharing

Liked by 2 people

12. Five great reasons. I am definately calm now i am older. Being calm just makes everything easier and clearer.

13. Sakshi says:

Wonderful and insightful……. I think peace should never be compromised

Liked by 1 person

1. […] advice on how to bring some more calm into your life. If you haven’t already read that post click here as its important to know why bringing more calm into your life will benefit you so you have the […]