“You have to start knowing yourself so well that you begin to know other people. A piece of us is in every person we can ever meet.” John D. MacDonald
This post was inspired by one of my favourite bloggers discoveringyourhappiness who posted this a while ago. Its a great way for others to get to know you and for you to get to know yourself. I hope you enjoy!
1. Do I believe that everything is meant to be, or do I think that things just tend to happen for no reason at all?
I truly believe that everything happens for a reason. Life is about energy and choices, what will be will be.
2. Do I forgive and forget? Or do I forgive, but always remember?
I forgive but ALWAYS remember
3. If I could give one piece of advice to everyone in the world, what would it be?
Be kind to yourself and others
4. Do I think that people can change, or that they just are who they are?
I believe that people can change but it certainly doesn’t happen overnight.
5. Would I consider myself to be religious or spiritual?
6. Would my 10-year-old self be proud of me?
I think so!
7. What do I think is the best revenge?
8. What would I change about myself?
Being more consistent with changing the way I think to improve my mental health
9. On the flip side, what would I never change about myself?
The genuine care I have to help people and my strength to keep going
10. Can I confidently say that the path I am on in life right now is the one that I (and no one else) would want for myself?
Yes, its taken a while but I finally feel that my choices are leading me in the right direction
11. It’s the year 2040. Where am I?
Living in our dream home, making some plans to travel and probably planning my 50th birthday
12. Am I a morning person or a night owl?
Morning person, I literally start falling asleep at 8pm and feel so guilty if I sleep past 7am
13. Would I consider myself to be more creative or more logical?
14. What could I do to be a healthier person?
Exercise! I seriously dislike exercising but I know it’s something I need to do more off…
15. If time and money were no object, what would I do with my life?
I would explore the world with my husband and children. I think travelling provides an education that schools cannot teach.
16. Is it all about luck or hard work?
Hard work! I am incredibly passionate about this as my husband and I have done everything on our own by working hard.
17. Should I live with no regrets, or learn from my mistakes?
Learn from mistakes.
18. How would I describe myself in only five words?
Kind, Honest, Compassionate, Loyal and optimistic
19. Family first, true or false?
20. Can discipline be learned?
Yes, with practice
21. Am I as loyal as I think I am?
I think so
22. How could people be a better friend to me?
The friends I have in my life are amazing as with age I have learnt to only let a few the best of friends into my life
23. How could I be a better friend to people?
I’m useless at replying to text messages, so probably more consistency with keeping in contact
24. Is conformity a good thing or a bad thing?
This is such a tough question and I don’t have a straight answer. I can see the pros and cons of both
25. What is a book I read that completely changed my outlook on life?
The Art of Happiness by Dalai Lama XIV, Howard C. Cutler. I actually wrote an entire post on why this book helped me so much –> The book that helped me find happiness
26. How can I be generous when I am not rich?
Generosity doesn’t have to just be given with money. You can give your time, wisdom, learning’s or skills to help those in need.
27. How can I improve dialogue and communication with those I deeply disagree with?
Listen more than you talk, absorb what they are saying and if you choose to respond, do it without making any personal attacks or judgements.
28. If I had to make a list of my top 10 most important values, what would they be?
Respect, Gratitude, Honesty, Compassion, Courtesy, Integrity, Optimism, Dedication, Kindness and Patience
29. What are my deal breakers for romantic relationships?
If the person is untrustworthy or smells lol!
30. Do I love myself?
Not as much as I should
31. If not, how could I find a way to love myself?
Love myself like my children and husband love me.
32. Is trust always earned, or is it a given until it’s broken?
I tend to give until broken, but I think a happy medium of both depending on the situation is good.
33. If I could apologize to one person, who would it be?
34. And what would I say to that person
I’m sorry for neglecting myself for so many years because I was comparing myself to others
35. If I was able to say one thing to my ex, what would I say?
Thanks for showing me what I don’t want in a relationship
36. If I could have one person apologize to me, who would it be?
An old friend
37. And what would I want them to say?
I’m sorry for not listening when you were asking for help
38. Do I ghost people or do I give them a reason for breaking ties?
If the reason will cause more drama I would rather ghost people
39. Do I believe in karma?
40. How do I show I am angry?
My facial expressions! I unfortunately get tears when I’m so angry but have to keep my cool
41. In my opinion, what are my greatest strengths?
My commitment to my family and work, inspiring and helping as much as I can.
42. In my opinion, what are my greatest weaknesses?
I worry too much, I like being in control and I can be too hard on myself.
43. If I could go anywhere in the world, where would I go?
Back “home” to Wales, where I grew up
44. Is work-life balance important to me?
Yes, although I struggle to find the balance.
45. Is family important to me
Absolutely, especially now I have my own children
46. Is friendship important to me?
Yes but quality rather than quantity
47. Is romantic love important to me?
48. If I could have one talent, what would it be?
I would love to be able to draw
49. What is one part of my life I miss and why?
My last year in Wales (I was 14), with my family and friends. It was one of the happiest times in my life
50. What are elements from that time I could incorporate into my present?
Establishing the strong friendships in the community I had around that age so my children can also feel the joy i felt
51. Do actions really speak louder than words?
Yes, although I understand that sometimes actions take time
52. Am I happy with my career?
I’m getting there
53. If not, what could I change about my job to be happier and more satisfied?
I am currently studying to be able to professionally help others achieve goals and motivate them to be their best selves.
54. What’s more important to me, self respect or being right?
I have learnt throughout the years that self respect is more important to me.
55. Do I learn from the past or live in the past?
I learn from the past but struggle to let go of the memories of my past
56. When I die, what do I want to be remembered for?
Being a supportive and loving wife to my husband. A mum my children are proud of who is their rock and raised them to have a positive impact on the world. Finally I hope to be the person who empowers individuals to make changes in their life to achieve long term goals.